I need help with my db-5 assignment
Deliverable Length: Primary Task: 600–800 words; Secondary Task: 150–200 words
Primary Task Response:
Respond to the following scenario with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Additional Information: AutoEdge is considering an expansion project to include other automotive manufacturing companies overseas.
George comes into your office as you’re getting ready to leave for the weekend.
“I’m glad I caught you before you left,” he says.
“What can I do for you, George?”
“I just got out of a committee meeting with some of the other board members,” he says. “Among other things, we are considering an option to expand internationally. Naturally, we need to determine the relevant factors to consider before making the decision.”
“I think I see where this is going,” you say. “It sounds like you want me to list, describe, and analyze the most important factors that must be considered. Am I right?
“You are correct,” he says. “I should think five factors would be enough. Please consider the pros, cons, and risk factors, too.”
“Do you want me to add a recommendation?” you ask.
“Yes,” he says. “Once you have analyzed these factors, provide a recommendation on whether or not you would expand the company’s product line to automotive manufacturing companies located in other countries.”
“OK,” you say. “I can get this to you by Friday morning next week. Is that soon enough?”
“That’s perfect” he says. “Thanks.”
Secondary Task Response:
Review and reflect on the knowledge you have gained from this course. Based on your review and reflection, write at least 3 paragraphs on the following:
- What were the most compelling topics learned in this course?
- How did participating in discussions help your understanding of the subject matter? Is anything still unclear that could be clarified?
- What approaches could have yielded additional valuable information?
- The main post should include at least 1 reference to research sources, and all sources should be cited using APA format.
Summative Discussion Board
In this course, you were introduced to problem-based learning (PBL). Engage in discussion by providing feedback on your experience with PBL, as follows:
- How easy was it to understand each of the problems that were presented?
- Were you able to find the relevant information that you needed to fully understand the problem?
- How did you obtain the knowledge that is necessary to propose a solution for the problems presented?
- Did you experience any learning issues?
- Assess and reflect on your learning process. What changes or suggestions would you make?
The materials found in the M.U.S.E. may help you with this assignment. Additional information is also provided in the Lessons from Experienceseries found at the following link:
- Quality Versus Quantity
- Lessons From Experience: Quality Versus Quantity
The story that you are about to read is from actual events that occurred in the field. Its purpose is to provide you with a real-world example from a seasoned professional in the business world.
Quality Versus Quantity
Starting my own jewelry business, I was new to manufacturing. When I had to choose a manufacturer to produce my jewelry pieces, I didn’t look at the quality produced so much as I focused on the quantity that was produced. I was more concerned with the bottom line—just like a true financial analyst would be. Even though I got record-breaking production and pricing in the short term, in the long term, the manufacturer I chose was producing subquality items that cost my company significantly. Many of my customers returned their products because of quality issues. They got a good deal on my products, but I almost lost my business because of the cost of repair. I wasn’t evaluating both quality and quantity on an equal basis. The numbers made sense, but I should have given quality the same attention I gave to quantity. Quality and quantity are equally important for my company.
It is important to take away the following from this scenario:
Quality should never be underestimated.