Poetry slam english 4 | English homework help
For this assessment, you will write a poem and, then, use your voice, sound, images to create a digital media presentation. The first step is to write your poem. The sky is the limit as far as form, topic, and theme are concerned. But your poem does have to showcase what you have learned about manipulating words and using poetic devices.
Step 1: Write Your Poem
Your final poem needs to:
- be at least 10 lines long
- feature at least two instances of strong imagery
- incorporate at least three poetic devices of your choice:
- use words with connotations that are appropriate to the theme of the poem
- experiment with language by incorporating a word pattern
You can use these brainstorming questions to generate ideas before writing your poem.
Step 2: Reflection
Once you’ve completed your poem, take some time to reflect and analyze your own work.
Step 3: Presentation
Use your poem as the foundation for a digital media presentation. Be as creative and innovative as you can, just make sure your final presentation includes:
If you aren’t sure where to start, your instructor can suggest some Web 2.0 tools you can use to create your presentation.
Once your masterpiece is complete, submit it for grading. Make sure your presentation includes:
- a recording of your poem
- images to accompany the poem
- a copy of the poem with required elements highlighted
- the summative analysis
Your work will be evaluated using the Poetry Slam rubric.