T tests | Statistics homework help
Using t Tests
This week’s Introduction about a NASA rocket provided an example of when a t test may be used in a real-life situation. In this Discussion, you will analyze a research question of your choice using a t test.
- Review problems 17–24 on pages 416–417 of your text, which show how t tests can be used to analyze real-life data. Think about how you might answer each of the questions.
- Think about one small data set that you would like to compare to a proposed mean. For example, you could compare the mean weight of a bag of chocolate chip cookies to the mean that the industry claims. Clearly outline your null and alternative hypothesis statements.
- Consider why your research question is important.
- Outline how you would use each of the steps of the four-step hypothesis test process to answer the research question.
- Think about how using a t test could help your analysis. How is the outcome from the t test used to support the claim made?
With these thoughts in mind:
Post a 1- to 2-paragraph write-up including the following:
- Describe your research question, and explain its importance.
- Describe how you would use the four-step hypothesis test process to answer your research question.
- Explain how using a t test could help you answer your research question.