Essay : american student vs. international student
3-4 double spaced essay
MLA style for in-text citation
intro (thesis, introduce author, title, arguments, ..)
body (2 main points with evidence)
conclusion (summarization, evaluation)
Write a paper in which you analyze and evaluate Nathan’s “As Others See Us”—“Getting to Know American Students” (67-71), “Relationships and Friendships” (72-77) and/or “Worldliness and Worldview” (84-89).
Assume that your audience is unfamiliar with the course text you are writing about; therefore, you will need to provide a good amount of summary
in order to explain your analysis and position. For instance, you should explain who the author is and why she is considered an expert on her chosen topic. You may also need to talk about the author’s sub-arguments, use of evidence, and conclusions. To identify an argument of your own in relation to the course text, you will need to analyze the article for its strengths, its weaknesses, and the value of the author’s implications or conclusions.
The following are templates for your evaluation in relation to the course text:
– Nathan’s argument focuses on an important topic, especially for_______(group of people/field of study)__________ because ________________.
– Nathan’s argument is strong because_________________________.
– Nathan makes a strong argument that _____________, but the argument would have been more ____________ if she had also considered___________.
– Nathan may be correct in their argument that __________________, and yet I am concerned about the implications of this argument for the following reasons: _____, _____, and _____.
– I find Nathan’s argument of limited value because she did not consider ______________, which would have made her argument more complex and _____________.
– I agree with Nathan up to a point, but I cannot agree with her conclusion that____________.