630-1 yhomit | Computer Science homework help
REQUIRED READINGS/SOURCES for both parts
Chapter 1 – Brief History and Mission of Information System Security, Computer Security Handbook
Chapter 2 -History of Computer Crime, Computer Security Handbook
Article – Pathak, P.B. (2016). The review of terms and concepts used to understand cybercrime and safeguard ourselves from cybercriminals. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, 7(1) Retrieved August 21, 2017 from https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy1.apus.edu/docview/1783652433?accountid=8289
Article – Stoian, A. (2012). The impact of the new informational era on law. Contemporary Readings in Law and Social Justice, 4(2), 1028-1034. Retrieved August 21, 2017 from https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy1.apus.edu/docview/1400164304?accountid=8289
Video – Barlow, C. (2015). Where is cybercrime really coming from? | Caleb Barlow. (2017, February 15). Retrieved August 15, 2017, from https://youtu.be/FqrLUtIFVjs
- 250 words
- APA format
- 2 sources minimum
1) Online services are making the ability to commit cybercrimes easy. Research an online service and case. Please explain the details of the service/case in the discussion board. When using online services, what can be done to stay secure?
2) Is software piracy really a big problem? Research cases on software piracy.
a) Why do many people feel that software piracy is not a serious crime?
b) What is your opinion about software piracy? What can be done to stop this type of crime? How can this deficiency be addressed?
- minimum of 2-full pages in length
- minimum of 3-outside sources
- APA format
When answering the below questions, it is important to think about technologies that exist today that did not exist 20 years ago.
1) What can be done to mitigate the risks of becoming a victim of a cybercrime.
2) Technology has come a long way over the past two decades. What types of cybercrimes exist today that did not exist 20 years ago? Are people more susceptible of being a victim of a cybercrime than a traditional crime? Please give specific examples and analogies when answering the questions.