Assignment 3: the big stage!
In the United States, both the federal government and the states have authority to indict for criminal wrongdoing.
Assignment 3: The Big Stage!
In the United States, both the federal government and the states have authority to indict for criminal wrongdoing. The federal government and each state have their own criminal statutes, court system, prosecutors, and police agencies. Use your textbook, the Internet, and/or Strayer University Online Library (https://research.strayer.edu) to research articles from within the past three years on crime trial, prosecutor, and criminal investigator.
Write a 3-page paper in which you:
1. Put yourself in the role of a prosecutor and explain the importance of the final report to the prosecution of a case. Further, analyze the possible impact of poorly completed final reports on the prosecution of a case.
2. Review Figure 21.1, The Use of Evidence in the Stages of the Criminal Justice Process, in Chapter 21 of the text and specify the manner in which each stage of the criminal justice process helps to build a successfully litigated action. Provide a rationale to support the response.
3. Identify the three areas that Detective Richard Gautsch, a seasoned investigator, recommends an investigator focus on when giving courtroom testimony and discuss the importance of each area. Next, define a criminal investigator’s role in preparing a case for court. Analyze the manner in which the investigator cooperates with the prosecutor to enhance the courtroom presentation.
4. Differentiate not guilty and acquitted. Give your opinion as to whether or not a not guilty verdict means that the investigator failed. Support the position.
- Predict one to two changes that will take place in criminal investigation in the next twenty years. Provide a rationale to support the response. https://essaypandit.com/i-am-looking-for-writer-who-can-help-me-in-writing-research-proposal-details-a/
6. Use at least three quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar types of websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
o This course requires the use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. https://theeliteessaywriters.com/2021/06/10/an-important-learning-from-this-class-is-to-read-a-variety-of-articles-and-watch/
o Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.