Fraud prevention and detection plan
As the senior internal auditor for Innovative Hockey Gear, LLC, you have determined the appropriate fraud detection policies. Now you are working with your team to draft a fraud prevention and detection plan.
Use the Internet, Strayer databases, or your text to research the key elements of a fraud prevention and detection program and prepare a plan.
Write a 4–6 page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the key elements that should be included in the plan, including a justification as to how the element is likely to protect corporate assets and minimize risk based on your research.
- Create an argument to be presented to the senior leadership in support of a fraud prevention and detection plan, indicating the consequences of failure to implement the plan. Provide support for your argument.
- Create an approach to identify the roles and responsibilities of key personnel in the organization, indicating the significance of each role in the fraud prevention and detection equation. Provide support for your rationale.
- Compare the roles of management, internal auditors, external auditors, governing bodies, and the board of directors, and assess how each can contribute to your fraud prevention and detection plan.
- Evaluate the tools that you would propose to use to make your plan more effective in mitigating or eliminating fraud and how you would justify the risk/reward ratio of each tool recommended.
- Prepare a fraud prevention and detection plan based on your findings, indicating how you would communicate the plan to employees throughout the organization.
- Predict the future occurrences of corporate fraud and the likelihood that it will be detected by regulatory agencies based on your research. Provide support for your rationale.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia, Investopedia, and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. You have access to Strayer University’s Online Library and iCampus University Library Research page.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a fraud prevention plan that addresses key elements, organizational roles, tools, and future predictions.