Discussion – Chemical Bonding Vocabulary
This week, consider the following terms:
- Free radical
- Polar molecule
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
Choose at least 2 terms from the list, and answer the following questions for each term:
- What familiarity and prior knowledge do you have about the term?
- What does the term mean in everyday language to everyday people? Use examples to help describe your thoughts. How do people use the word?
- What does the term mean in technical language to chemists?
- How is the term related to the course student learning outcome: Use electronic structure to describe atomic bonding?
- What are the similarities and differences between the everyday and technical meanings and uses of the term?
- What impact might the similarities and differences have on your learning of chemistry concepts in this course?