Lab 1 | Computer Science homework help
Complete the Practice Lab titled “Inventory Assets on Network and Identify Vulnerabilities.”
Capture screenshots and place in a Microsoft® Word document as specified within the lab instructions.
At the end of the lab, you will be asked to respond to the following in a 1- to 2-page response at the end of your Microsoft® Word document:
- Write a brief description of a vulnerability found in the scan, including the operating system on which it was found, its risk factor, and its CVSS scores.
- Are the results of default scans different than the credentialed scan?
- Why might that be?
- What types of vulnerabilities might an attacker without any credentials be able to identify and exploit?
- This was a simple three computer LAN. How much more complicated would this process be for 100 computers? What about an enterprise with 10,000 computers on their LAN/WAN?
- Consider a cloud-hosted Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environment with many new, internet-accessible systems regularly being built and brought online. What advantages or challenges might there be with regard to vulnerability management in the cloud?
Submit your assignment using the Assignment Files tab.
Please use the following link to launch the content: External Content Launch