I need help with the following. attached the pdf for the textbook
I need help with the following. Attached the pdf for the textbook reference. Also noted the few pointers professor gave us.
This assignment requires that you create a free SurveyMonkey® or QuestionPro online questionnaire account.
- Go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/ OR http://questionpro.com/.
- Sign up for a free basic plan / account by following the instructions on the screen.
- Follow the instructions on how to create a simple survey.
In this assignment you will create an online questionnaire. Prepare as follows:
- Read Activity 7.2 on page 239 of the textbook.
- Create an online questionnaire using your account on SurveyMonkey® or QuestionPro, depending on which one you selected during the.
- Insert the six (6) questions in your questionnaire. You may add additional questions if you wish.
- Send an email to at least five (5) friends or participants and ask them to participate in the online questionnaire. Include the link to the online questionnaire in the email.
- Give your participants a few days to complete the online questionnaire.
- Use SurveyMonkey® or QuestionPro to analyze the collected data.
- Download and save the report. You may take a screenshot if you wish.
- Attach your report to your assignment paper.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Include the survey report.
- Describe the positive and negative aspects of creating and conducting an online questionnaire.
- Speculate on the reliability of the collected data.
- Recommend two (2) methods that you can use to validate the collected data.
- Based on your experience, describe the major challenges of using an online questionnaire Website.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Demonstrate the ability to select an appropriate user interface interaction style for a particular task.
- Explain the different usability data-gathering techniques
- Create a product evaluation through a formal framework.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human-computer interaction.
- Write clearly and concisely about human-computer interaction topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Points to consider:
A few points to consider when putting together the survey –
1. The customer wants respondents who are under 18 years of age. So, how should you design a survey that appeals to minors? Many minors are accustomed to multiple choice or yes/no questions. Plus, unless it is something they are very interested in, minors tend to have a very short attention span. So, the questions and choices need to be short and specific.
2. Most likely, you will not have a test group that consists only of minors. So, in your instructions to your test group, make them aware that you are asking for their input in the design of the survey. In other words, you want the testers to “pretend” they are minors and give you input on the format of the questions. Were the questions and answers easy to understand? Did the choices include all possible outcomes?
3. Include a few questions related to validation. For example, ask a question about age group (such as 6-9, 10-13, 14-18) AND a question about what school they are attending (elementary, middle, high). If a respondent states an age group of “6-9” and “high school,” then the information you receive from that respondent might be questionable.
4. Keep in mind that the target audience is minors. Survey developers must be very careful in framing questions. Avoid questions that are too personal or makes the respondent feel awkward.