1-1 discussion criminal law | Criminal homework help
- 1-1 Discussion: Edward Snowden
1-1 Discussion: Edward Snowden
Locate an article that discusses the actions and prosecution of Edward Snowden. In your initial post, provide a link to the article and answer the following questions:
- What source of law controls Snowden’s prosecution? Explain your answer.
- Can Snowden be charged and arrested by a state law-enforcement officer? Can he be prosecuted in a state court? Why or why not?
- Do Snowden’s actions violate substantive and/or moral laws? Explain your answer.
- What goals/purposes of the criminal justice system justify criminal action against Snowden?
Review the posts of your fellow learners and respond to at least two. What factors do you think may influence these different assessments of the Snowden case? In your response posts, you must do one or more of the following:
- Ask an analytical question.
- Offer a suggestion.
- Elaborate on a particular point.
- Provide an alternative opinion supported with research.
Be sure to support your initial post and follow-up posts with scholarly examples from the module readings and additional literature where appropriate. You must cite all references according to APA style.
To complete this assignment, review the Discussion Rubric document.