Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions. Atleast two Scholarly Peer- Reviewed Journals are required as references.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Do not make any changes in the cover page.
- This Assignment comprise of a Case Study and Discussion questions.
- Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-3 students will able to understand the
- Defining the concepts, theories and approaches of project management. (L.O-1.1)
- Analyze to work effectively and efficiently as a team member for project related cases. (L.O-3.1)
- Evaluate to monitor and control the project. (L.O-3.2)
Assignment-3: Case Study & Discussion questions
Assignment Question:(Marks 10)
Please read the Case-8.3 “Tham Luang Cave Rescue.”from Chapter 8 “Scheduling Resources and Costs” given in your textbook – Project Management: The Managerial Process 8th edition by Larson and Gray page no: 304-307 also refer to specific concepts you have learned from the chapter to support your answers. Answer the following questions for Part-1, Part-2.
Part-1: Case study questions
- How did the physical environment of the cave affect the rescue plan? Explain in 250 words (3 Marks).
- How did the rescue team respond to the risks of the project? Explain in 250 words (3 Marks).
- Some have called the rescue a miracle and that luck was the decisive factor. Do you agree? Explain in 150 words (2 Marks)
- Why would people resist a multi project resource scheduling system? (1 Mark) (100 words)
- What do you think would have happened if the Washington Forest Service did not assess the impact of resources on their two-year plan? (1 Mark) (100 words).
Part-2: Discussion questions
Please read Chapter 8 Pg-No. 279 & 281 carefully and then give your answers on the basis of your understanding.