Assignment: devotional (250 words) | Information Systems homework help
The Bible provides a wealth of insight into our lives. God’s Word provides principles that can shape our worldview toward beneficial behavior. However, the Bible also characterizes mankind as born with a sinful nature. We are told in Romans 8:7 “The sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so” (New International Version). Due to mankind’s desire to seek selfish ends in all of life, we tend not to do what is right but only what is in our best interest, or so we think. However, God has a plan. Proverbs 19:21 says, “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” Although the sinful nature of humankind is inherent, God has an eternal design. We, too, need a plan in our oversight of information technology use. God’s Word also reminds us that the goal is to treat our fellow members of society with the same respect we want to enjoy. Matthew 7:12 is commonly referred to as the Golden Rule. Jesus said, “So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you. For this sums up the Law and the Prophets.”
- Review the material in the “Getting Started” section above, and read Romans 8:7, Proverbs 19:21, and Matthew 7:12.
- Be sure to address the following prompts in your paper:
- In what areas of your professional life could the Golden Rule, Matthew 7:12, apply?
- How should this rule be used in developing a governance plan in technology?
- Your paper should be at least 250 words in length.