Mos 6625 system safety engineering wk 8 assignment
Operations Safety Management Plan
· Review the information in your textbook (Leveson, 2011, pp. 412-414) related to the Operations Safety Management Plan design.
· Review the Figure C.1 depiction of a sample Safety Control Structure in your textbook (Leveson, 2011, p. 500).
· Review and use a minimum of five (5) peer-reviewed journal articles from the CSU Online Library (Academic Search Complete) to support your design work.
Then, select one (1) of the following options:
Design an Operations Safety Management Plan for your own organization or an organization that is familiar to you.
Design an Operations Safety Management Plan for a bulk tank railcar off-loading facility for hydrocarbon products that has the following features:
a. one railcar switch located next to an interstate highway,
b. capacity to off-load both liquid hydrocarbon products and liquefied, compressed, natural gas products,
c. two 500,000-gallon bulk liquid storage tanks for liquid hydrocarbon products,
d. two 45,000-gallon bullet-styled, horizontal, liquid storage tanks for liquefied, compressed natural gas products,
e. one off-loading station (single-sided) that is elevated 12 feet from the ground,
f. one flare for over-pressurized gas tank railcars,
g. one 3,000-gallon condensation storage tank, and
h. one switch engine for staging railcars at the off-loading station and at railcar storage tracks.
Using the CSU APA-styled paper as a formatting template, design a minimum eight-page Operations Safety Management Plan with a minimum of five (5) scholarly sources (books and articles) using the following APA Level 1 headings:
1. General Considerations
2. Safety Organization
5. Safety Information System
6. Operations Hazard Analysis
7. Evaluation and Planned Use of Feedback for System Maintenance
8. Safety Control Structure Diagram (Design a Safety Control Structure Diagram for your work system and use as the content.)