Programs for military families | SOCW 6410 – Military Culture for Social Workers | Walden University
There are many programs for military families, but more services are necessary to truly meet the needs of military personnel, veterans, or their families. As you have learned about military culture and the needs of military personnel and their families, you may have gained insight into the types of programs that could support them. This week, you apply what you have learned about the needs of military families to your profession by designing a program relevant to those needs.
Submit a 4- to 5-page paper in which you design a resource program to support the needs of military families, including the needs of the identified clients in the case study you chose. Be sure to include the following in relation to your design:
- Provide a brief background of the case study you selected
- Describe any issues presented in the case study, including common challenges and stressors associated with PTSD or domestic violence
- Identify any other information you need and why this would be critical in forming a program
- Describe the social work skills and sensitivities you need to develop the program
- Explain the military culture elements that are shown in the case study
- Explain your design and how it would support military families
- Be specific in your answers and provide examples. Cite the resources and any additional resources you use. Be sure to follow APA guidelines in your research, writing, and citation.