Week 8 | Human Resource Management homework help
Discussion & learning Activities
Question 1: Thoughts About Your Learning
Please take a moment to reflect on your thoughts about Human Resources at the beginning of the semester. (Take the time to scroll through your Weeks 1 and 2 responses.) Think about your learning over the course of the semester. What has changed for you? Is there one concept or idea that’s most important to you? Can you summarize the change in your learning and awareness as the semester progressed?
Question 2: Achieving the course outcomes?
Our stated Course Outcomes are listed below. Do you believe you have achieved the Course Outcomes? Is there one assignment or reading that has contributed most to your learning? Is there one question or area of interest you would like to have seen explored more?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1.Apply current knowledge of human resource management to work productively in an organization as part of, or in relationship with, the human resource function
2.Demonstrate knowledge of and critically evaluate human resource programs and make recommendations for improvement
3.Apply knowledge of workplace rules and regulations to create a working environment that is safe, fair, and legally compliant
Assignment 3 : Evaluating Disparate Impact and Employee Selection
You are employed as an HR consultant for a mid-sized bank. The bank employs 200 tellers across its branches. You need to recommend to the bank what to consider when hiring for the position of Bank Teller. At this point you have completed Assignment 2 and you have created a selection system for the job of a Bank Teller. Now you are moving to Assignment 3 to verify the selection system works properly.
For this second assignment there are two main tasks you need to complete:
- Assignment 3: Part A Evaluating Disparate Impact Discrimination
- Assignment 3: Part B Reflection on Employee Selection
Both tasks should be included in one document 3 to 5 pages in length, double spaced, use Times New Roman font (12 point), use tables when needed, and use APA format for referencing and citing. Include a cover page and a reference page. For the complete instructions see Content> Course Resources> Three Major Assignments.
HRMN 300 Responses
Since we are at the end of this class, this is the perfect time to reflect upon the achievement of Course Outcomes.
As the Syllabus states …. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- identify, interpret, and apply rules and policies governing the labor relations process
- research and prepare background materials to support the labor relations process
- differentiate between unionized and nonunionized environments in order to maintain legal compliance
- identify, analyze, and classify potential labor relations issues in order to support the decision-making process
Considering the activities, assignments, etc.
What has been most useful ? How has this course helped you?
You don’t need to respond to another student.
Review the your reading this week, Future State of Federal Labor Relations. Provide a response to this article based upon our discussions during this course. Interact with at least one other student.
Final Written Assignment 3
- Cover Page with Name, Date, and Title of Assignment
- Use headings to separate the sections of the paper (use the Questions selected)
- Page numbers
- Times New Roman, size 12
- Use a minimum of four sources (from the past four years) for each response
- In-text citations in APA style
- Reference page using APA style
Select any four of these six topics for your Final Written Assignment and address each question comprehensively:
- It has been said that “a company that deserves a union gets one,” suggesting that if proper leadership and motivation techniques are employed and desirable policies devised, the workers will not want to unionize. Either agree or disagree with this philosophy. Support your position and explain what a company could do to create an environment where workers will not want to unionize.
- Some means of resolving negotiations impasses involve economic weapons (e.g. strikes and lockouts). There are other means of impasse resolution that do not involve the use of economic weapons (e.g. fact finding, mediation, med/arb/interest arb, etc.). Select two (2) non- economic means of impasse resolution, 1) explain how each one functions and 2) discuss the relative pros and cons of each.
- Unions have declined as a percentage of the workforce in the private sector. With this decline, have career and workplace dissatisfaction and alienation increased? If so, why is this so? If not, why not? Support your position.
- List and discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages in using seniority as a factor to determine shift preference or overtime assignments.
- Identify two different steps a company should take to prepare for its first round of bargaining with the union pre-negotiation activities. Explain why each of the steps you have identified is critical to achieving an initial successful collective bargaining agreement with the union.
- Identify and explain the major ways in which the government is an important participant in the labor relations.
HRMN 362 Responses