Discussion: the trojan war and it’s heroes
This is a multistep prompt in which you have to answer each of the questions posed to you.
First, consider how the Trojan war started, and explain whether or not you think this was a legitimate reason to go to war with someone. What does this reveal about the way men think about and/or treat women?
Next, what is your impression of the heroes you’ve read about for this week? In answering this part of the prompt, you can compare and contrast the Greek heroes versus the Trojan heroes. For example, Achilles, Patroclus, Agamemnon, and Menelaus versus Hector and Paris. Do you think their behaviors are honorable or dishonorable? Explain, using examples and/or quotes from the text to support your answer.
• Your initial response should be at least 500 words in length
• Use MLA format for any quotations or citations that you use to support your answer
• Use size 12 font, one-inch margins, and double-spacing
• Consult the MLA Formatting and Style Guide to understand how to format citations and
references and for general writing assistance (writing style, mechanics, grammar, etc.).
Hamilton, Edith. Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes. Grand Central Publishing, 2011.
- Part Four: The Heroes of the Trojan War, pp. 253 to 344
- Part Five: The Great Families of Mythology: The House of Atreus, pp 345 to 372
Additional Resources: External Links
Troy: Fall Of A City | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix – https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NZxVghfY6dk&feature=youtu.be