Create a ms word document (navigation)
- Download the following two documents: Part I and Part II (these documents are taken from https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/teaching-in-the-saviors-way/teacher-council-meetings?lang=eng (Links to an external site.)).
2. You now need to combine these two documents into one document by importing Part II into Part I. Here are the steps to do that.
- Put your cursor at the end of the Part I document
- Click on the Insert Tab
- Go to the Text Group
- Click on the down arrow under the Object icon
- Click on Insert Text from file
- Find the Part II file and insert it
- Apply Heading 2 and Heading 3 styles.
- Modify Heading 2 style to be Centered, Dark blue text, Bold, Shaded in light blue, and have a bottom borderline.
- Modify Heading 3 style to be Left Aligned, Dark blue text, Bold, and shaded.
- IMPORTANT Remember to Right-click on the style on the Home tab and “update to match selection.” When you do this, the instructor can see that you actually understand how to “modify” a style.
- Apply a three-point light gray colored border to the document.
- Apply proper formatting (1-inch margins, bulleted lists, page breaks, and page numbers in the footer).
- When you get one of the bullet lists aligned properly use the Format painter to make the other bullet lists match the formatting.
- Apply two columns (title not included). You earn a bonus point if the title on page 3 is not included in the columns.
- Balance columns on page 2 and page 3 using a continuous section break.
- Insert three bookmarks:
- one titled Teacher at the very beginning of the document,
- one titled What_Should_Happen just before the sentence that reads “What should happen in a teacher council meeting?”, and
- one titled Teaching_Saviors_Way just before the sentence that reads “Introduction: Teaching in the Savior’s Way.”
- Insert three hyperlinks to the scripture references found on page three.
- Add a sentence to the beginning of the document, that links to the provided training video found at the top of the Part I document.
- Add a link to the “Introduction: Teaching in the Savior’s Way” bookmark on the third page. The link should be the last sentence in the Practice and invite bullet point. See the PDF document.